The Best Career in the Business
Quality Service Professional (QSP) Plumbing is a family business serving the Columbia, MD area for almost 20 years. Our reputation for quality plumbing services starts with reliable, motivated plumbing technicians on a fast track to promotions and long-term career growth.
At QSP, you’ll be part of a plumbing family that rewards hard work and gives you what you need to succeed. You'll enjoy:
Performance/Merit-Based Pay of up to $65,000/year
Supervisor Support & Coaching
Company Vehicle Provided
We Only Hire the Best
QSP plumbing technicians are constantly improving themselves, with a focus on service excellence and great communication. Experience is preferred, but not required, so we provide paid training to those who are willing to put in the work.
All applicants must be:
View open positions below. To apply, fill out the form at the bottom of the page.
Are you looking to be part of a best-in-class company that is highly respected? Our goal is to be at the very top in our market as the company that provides superior service.
We pride ourselves on the commitment to provide our customers with the utmost quality in workmanship and service – that is and ALWAYS will be our #1 goal.
As the Service Manager, you oversee our service plumbers to ensure the success of the department. You make sure that we have the best team possible by providing excellent training and troubleshooting support of our technicians in the field. You also participate in recruiting and hiring top-notch plumbers. Your ability to motivate your team and inspire them to achieve superior customer service is essential to your success in this management role.
You will also be expected to create revenue generation strategies and assist the company in securing more high-valued customer services.
We take tremendous pride in the high level of customer satisfaction and professionalism and that makes this the best place to work. Not only do we strive for long-term relationships with our clients, but we also desire long-term relationships with our team members.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Our benefits include contribution toward employee health insurance, a 401(k) plan, 7 paid holidays, and sick pay.
If this sounds like the management opportunity that you’ve been looking for, apply today!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, and direct all phases of the service department
- Direct daily operations to meet or exceed target labor expense and gross profit goals
- You must be capable of leading a diverse group of technicians by providing them with technical guidance, honest feedback, and clear direction
- Develop and implement normal operating policies
- Participate in budget planning and meeting preparation
- Ensure timely completion of repairs by plumbing technicians and maximum efficiency in scheduling work
- Thoroughness in billing for all labor and materials
- Become familiar with general terms in all contracts and bids and perform quality control
- Hold meetings with department employees and provide training where necessary
- Ensure licensing and certification requirements for technicians are met
- Manages safety policies in the workplace
- Conduct safety meetings for service personnel
- Maintain open communications throughout the department
- Estimate Bid work for residential, small commercial, and light industrial plumbing projects
- Responsible for hiring and managing of plumbing service technicians
- Ensure that invoices, monies, contracts, vendor invoices are collected daily, checked, and distributed through the proper channels
- Ensure all employees operate in a professional manner keeping property, plant, equipment, and themselves clean and presentable
- Review all prior day’s service calls
- Fill out the necessary components of daily reports
- Ride along and coach technicians with meeting clients’ needs while following business processes as needed
- Review client concerns, keeping GMs up to date on progress, and ensure that they are brought to a successful conclusion
- Review all invoices and inventory used on each job from the prior day as needed
- Manage all subcontractors hired
- Expand customer base by identifying new prospective plumbing customers and developing them into repeat customers
- Manage inventory levels to ensure a balance between the ability to meet customer needs and excessive inventory levels
- Strategize and implement action plans for business growth
- Monitor expense and operational metrics for planning and performance
- Analyze sales and marketing strategies and promotions
- Interact with technicians to follow up on coaching and training
- Monitor customer service to ensure high levels of satisfaction
- Meeting with individual service technicians, team member tracking, improving and correcting challenges, covering goals & responsibilities, and time & attendance
- Guide the team to effective results in the areas of delivery, safety, quality, and cost through training and coaching sessions
- Provide an environment that promotes high standards of performance by all team members
- Ensure the uniform dress code and appearance standards have been followed to project a positive and professional image to clients
- Maintain our service vehicles as they are mobile billboards of the company
- Making sure that all production personnel are following OSHA safety standards and that team members are safety conscious at all times. Cover at least one safety issue in each weekly meeting and conduct a major safety training meeting at least once per quarter
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of paperwork and data entry in a manner that promotes enterprise-wide productivity and customer satisfaction
- Maintain a continuous improvement attitude that supports a desire to grow and expand personal and team success
- Be open to receiving and following directions, accept supervision, learn, and consistently follow rules and procedures designed for the success of the company
Knowledge and Experience We Need
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in residential, and commercial service and repair
- A minimum of three years of experience in management
- Effective and professional communication skills
- Basic computer skills to include Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel) and the Google Suite.
- Understanding of residential, and commercial plumbing dispatching processes and best practices
- Ability to recruit, train, and build a plumbing service team
- Extensive experience in code compliance, safety, quality control, business development, project management, and estimating
- Ability to operate in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and adapt to a changing environment.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures
- Ability to plan projects including material requests and scope of work verification
- Ability to manage an installation team and the associated personnel on the job site to safety, quality, and efficiency standards
- Ability to follow detailed work instruction and collaborate in the process of refining those instructions to standardize work quality
- Ability to maintain an open and collaborative line of communication with the Operations Management
- Identifies and resolves problems. Demonstrates attention to detail
- Highly dependable, punctual, and efficient
- Provides timely and professional support to all internal/external customers and vendors
- Effective organization and leadership skills
- Be available for after-hours calls to service techs as needed
- Able to enter and exit trucks without endangering yourself or others
- Able to lift heavy equipment, water heaters, toilets, etc.
- Able to work in the heat and observe proper safety precautions while doing so
- Work references from past supervisors, managers, and co-workers
- Clean driving record
- All applicants will be required to submit to a background check
- All applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test
- Submit to random drug testing
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We wish you the best of luck with your job hunt!
Work Remotely: No
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $110,000.00 per year
Schedule: 8 hour shift, on call
Location: Columbia, MD
To be successful as a service plumber, you should be willing to do house calls, after hours, and be able to function under pressure. Outstanding service plumbers are not only masters in their trade, but also offer superb customer service and selling abilities.
- Handling a variety of plumbing emergencies efficiently and professionally.
- Installing pipes, drainage systems, sinks, toilets, and heating and cooling systems.
- Testing systems for leaks and other problems.
- Obeying health and safety codes at all times.
- Performing inspections and providing advice to homeowners.
- Selecting the most cost-effective, quality products for installation and repair.
- Working alongside electricians, construction workers, and other professionals.
- Providing time and cost estimates beforehand.
- Communicating effectively with clients, especially when a job is taking longer than expected.
- Being polite and respectful of clients and their homes at all times.
- High school diploma or similar.
- A completed apprenticeship.
- Experience as a plumber would be advantageous.
- Sound knowledge of water, heating, ventilation systems, and much more.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strength and dexterity.
- A polite manner and excellent customer service skills.
Interested in a Career with QSP Plumbing Services?
We’d love to welcome you to our team! Fill out the form below and a QSP team member will be in touch.
Please note that the maximum file size is 50 MB.