Trusted Foundation Leak Repair in Jessup, MD
An undetected slab leak can cause foundation cracks, resulting in thousands of dollars in damage. Trust the pros at QSP Plumbing Services for expert foundation leak repair in Howard County. Call us today for an appointment.
Do you have slow drains throughout the house? Call us and ask about our hydro jetting service to remove stubborn clogs fast.
5 Signs You Need Slab Leak RepairAs mentioned, slab leaks are difficult to detect; however, there are signs to watch for that signify a problem. Be on the lookout for:
- Cracks in Walls and Floors: Look for noticeable gaps in the walls or floors, especially around windows, door frames, and flooring, such as tiles or concrete. Vertical or diagonal cracks could indicate the foundation is shifting.
- Uneven or Sloping Floors: If your floors aren’t level or have developed a slope, it could be a sign of a foundation leak.
- Excess Moisture or Mold: A foundation leak leads to excess moisture, which promotes mold and mildew growth. Be on the lookout for an increase in musty odors around the house.
- Sticking Doors and Windows: Have your doors and windows become more difficult to open and close? If so, it could be a water-related issue causing it.
- Increased Water Bills: A sudden increase in water bills for no apparent reason could indicate a hidden water leak, leading to a steady water loss and higher bills.
What Causes Slab Leaks?One of the main causes of slab leaks is unstable soil. As soil shifts, pipes move out of place, weakening the joints and resulting in leaks. Water leaks further agitate the ground, making the problem worse. Moreover, as soil erodes, the foundation loses support, leading to instability and cracks. Another contributor to slab leaks is improper construction or plumbing installation. If contractors cut corners or use poor materials, the pipes or foundation can fail prematurely. Finally, older pipes are more susceptible to leaks. Cast iron and galvanized steel pipes were standard in construction over 50 years ago. These pipes corrode over time, causing them to leak.
If your plumbing system is giving you constant problems, call our experts to discuss your repiping options in Jessup, MD.